Welcome to “ESG Performance Measurement: A Guide to Selecting and Monitoring Environmental, Social and Governance Metrics”. In this course we explore the world of ESG metrics; the range of measures available; how to select appropriate measures for your organisation and how to interpret the results and determine impact.
Measures of environmental, social, and governance performance are becoming increasingly important. Regulators want to see them in annual reports and organisations now want to prove to their stakeholders and society at large that they are not damaging the environment and the communities they work in. In fact most organisations want to show that they are reducing their footprint, and many want to actively improve the environments and communities they impact.
ESG metrics are not always easy to measure and its often difficult to correlate actions with impact. In this course I explore environmental, social, and governance performance measurement and how monitoring ESG performance can contribute, in some small way, to saving lives and habitats and improving the state of this planet of ours.
Topics covered include:
– Why ESG indicators are important
– Current sustainability reporting standards
– The main ESG investment ratings
– The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
– Planetary Boundaries
– Input, Output and Impact Measures
– The World Economic Forum ESG metrics
– The most important environmental, social and governance metrics
– How to select appropriate ESG indicators for your organisation
– Analysing and improving ESG performance
– Calculating an organisation’s greenhouse gas emissions
Let’s go on an ESG journey. I hope you enjoy the course.